Thursday, July 15, 2010

07_15_2010 Ki-Tae Power method




Da's power approach is quite messy, I guess quite some manual work.

I studied Ki-Tae's power approach, it is a little bit conservative, but I think it is pretty solid and easy to manage.

I should thank Da for his "bad"

Ki-Tae:

1. There is a vss power ring around the block, I don't know the reason yet, but it is a good approach which protect the block.

2. Defined a rectlinear voltage area, then do all the work with referring to this area. ( Da didn't define any voltage area, then I believe Da depends on some manual work ).

3. Power-switch cell placement. carefully align the macros to the power switch grid. One shot will fix all the power switch placement, remember to use the respect-hard-macro placement blockage. ( Da's approach, place power switch cell without respecting the hard macro, then put the extra powercell in between the macros, that is the reason you see three or four rows of powercell in between macros )

4. Ki-Tae made sure there is room for one row of power switch cell on the top and on the bottom.

5. Ki-Tae made room on left and right side to insert one column of power switch cell over there.

I love his power approach, easy to understand and not difficult to follow.




No comments:

Post a Comment