Tuesday, October 5, 2010

spacing rule and wpe

Macro/memory:

    Side is easy,  keep 0.28, use spacing rule to make sure this, then 2.1 wpe blockage. ( No, I will not use spacing rule, I will use blockage to make sure that )

    Top and bottom, basically, need 1.5 rows to 2 rows to make sure M1 rails are there for the one row for add filler cells.

   Then there will be no spacing rule to SNPS.

Boundary boundary to meet the wpe rule:

    Top/Bottom: one row will be blocked for placement, these will be wpe blockage, remove and put back.

    Left/Right: 2.1um wide straps placement blockages will be added.

The blockages generated from addM5_xxx:

    Will be removed permeability.

My blockage:

    1. regular placement blockage:  snap to standard cell placement grid and wpe blockage will generated around it.

    2. core-area blockage: will be generate from my placement blockage gen script.

Tap cell:

     Same as before to play around the blockage, reversed blockage to place the tape cell, But I will improve the generating of the blockage to be snapped to 0.14 placement grid.

    I could have another way to place the tap cell without using blockage, I could use step to place the tap cell in the right place. And I could use spacing rule to push out other function cells next to tapecell.



  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment